- 3 NETWORK MARKETING TEAM BUILDING IDEAS FOR CREATING A STRONGER TEAM AND BETTER CULTURE - October 12, 2020
- WHAT ARE THE 5 KEYS TO SUCCESS IN NETWORK MARKETING? - September 14, 2020
REASONS WHY PROSPECTS DON’T BUY.
Why don’t prospect buy from you?
Recently we made a post about why prospect buy from you.
In the post, it was said that, if you fail to identify the needs of your prospect accurately, the entire sales process will grind to a halt.
In today’s post, we will look at the reasons why prospects don’t buy.
After reading today’s post, when a prospect choose not to buy from you.
You won’t feel rejected or disappointed any more.
Can you still remember Beach Patrol?
Beach Patrol makes and sells swimming suits for high school and college girls.
It knows that its suit won’t sell if they squash girls’ breasts or ride up in the back.
No matter how fantastic a suit looks, girls don’t want to be uncomfortable.
If you can correct a major reason that people won’t buy.
And make that correction obvious, you will have a point where you can be better than competitors.
Some of the reasons why prospects won’t buy are:
1. LACK OF TRUST. Prospects have to trust your business before they will be willing to buy from you.
2. LACK OF NEED. Prospects may not buy from you if they don’t think they will need the product.
3. NOT REALLY A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. Prospects may not think a product will do what they want it to.
This doesn’t mean that your product is poorly made.
It only mean that the product doesn’t address the real problem.
4. LACK OF QUALITY. Prospects won’t buy a product if they don’t think it looks well made.
5. LACK OF COMFORT. Prospects have feelings that they don’t always understand.
If they don’t feel right about your business, they won’t buy from you.
6. FEAR OF LOSS. This affects industrial accounts more than consumers.
Buyers don’t like to make a purchase for which they could be criticized.
7. CLASH WITH PEOPLE’S LIFESTYLE. Prospects all have an image of themselves that they want to project to others.
8. HAS A DEFECT. Prospects might see something about the product that they feel will cause it to either fail or work poorly.
More reasons why prospects may not buy from you includes, bad past experiences, the product not that important to them, and probably preference for another product.
You can survey people and ask why they don’t buy.
Doing this will help you to differentiate your product and this is an area most people don’t look into.
You will be able to discover products and benefits you need to include.
Psychological factors you may need to overcome and key selling points that you may have but are not communicating.
So, what features do prospects really want?
You need to consider people’s motivation, this is what they are trying to accomplish when they purchase a product.
Did you get value from this blog post? If so, it would be appreciated if you comment below and share via social media.
Also, subscribe to the blog so you can receive our posts via email whenever new post is posted.
IF YOU WANT TO BE ANYWHERE, LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN THERE, AND DO WHAT THEY SAID TO YOU AND YOU WILL GET THERE.